1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and who reminds you of how far you have come.
2. Enough money within your control to move out and rent a place of your own, even if you never want to or need to.
3. Something perfect to wear if the man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you are content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you're looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age and some money set aside to fund it.
8. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
9. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who always lets you cry.
10. A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
11. Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make your guests feel special.
12. A resume that is not the slightest bit padded.
13. A feeling of control over your destiny.
14. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that get better after thirty.
15. A skin regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don't get better after thirty.
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining a friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss a man in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn't like to happen next.
6. How to have a good time at a party you would never choose to attend.
7. How to ask for what you want in a way that makes it most likely you'll get it.
8. That you can't change the length of your calves, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
9. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
10. What you would and wouldn't do for love any more.
11. How to live alone, even if you don't like it.
12. Who you can trust, who you can't, and why you shouldn't take it personally.
13. Where to go...be it your best friend's kitchen table or a charming inn hidden in the woods...when your soul needs soothing.
14. What you can and cannot accomplish in a day, a month, and a year.
15. Why they say "Life begins at 30".